February 3, 2018 at 9:29 am #3110
It would be very appreciated if you post the roadmap of RapidScada.February 4, 2018 at 8:14 am #3111
Thanks for the question.
Primary task for 2018:
– Create new components for schemes.
Possible tasks for 2018:
– Update Chart Pro plugin. We need different Y axis, possibility to place graphs one above the other.
– Create module that automatically generates reports by a schedule and sends them by email.
– Develop the single configuration environment for Rapid SCADA that can manipulate with many projects, connect to remote server to download/upload configuration. It will replace Administrator, Server and Communicator shells.
– Update the structure of the configuration database. Get rid of MSSQL Compact.
– Make Server independent from a type of data storage.
– New drivers: OPC UA, BACnet, etc.
February 4, 2018 at 9:22 am #3113
- This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by Mikhail.
Thanks for reply.
Scheme components are of great importance. I’d like to contribute. However, I am not familiar with web stack. Perhaps I could start by doing something for database porting on my fork of rapidscada. Can you tell something more detailed about the configuration database?February 5, 2018 at 4:05 pm #3120
Can you tell something more detailed about the configuration database?
It is difficult to specify the task for now. I am thinking about different approaches. May be we can store the configuration database in XML as a part of the project. It allows easily push it to Git and track changes. And we can use SQLite only for editing purposes as a temporary storage.
Contribution would be great! What do you think about development of a server module or a device driver? The API is mostly ready and will not be changes significantly. Do you familiar with mobile development? Many users ask for native mobile application. Also interesting are simple constructors for configuring that generate all the settings automatically.February 5, 2018 at 5:04 pm #3124
I am working on drivers for a Lidar system and some specific modules. I do have a plan to make them open source when they are ready. Frankly I did not finish reading the code thoroughly yet, so it will take some time to understand the architecture and make driver/module better.
For mobile developing, I have a friend who is an expert on Xamarin development. I will turn to him for help. But I cannot guarantee anything now.
I am planning to build a GUI tool to utilize config files recently. Perhaps it will help when settings are stored in the files. Constructor is a good idea, but I don’t think I can handle the configuration rules and related calculations now.
As far as I know, people are very interested in SCADA systems. There are few scheme components in Rapidscada now which makes the system less convenient to use. I am looking forward to new components.February 5, 2018 at 5:36 pm #3125
I have some advices about the project development.
1. it is good to publish the component development schedule (which component will be supported) in the github.
2. Starting issues for future enhancement (features which will not affect your current development) labeled ‘need help’ would be attractive to other developers.
3. Keep discussions in this forum for users and development ideas and hold mission tracking in github.
All the above methods could help more developers involved in the awesome project, in my opinion.February 6, 2018 at 11:06 am #3135
Thank you! I hope, I will do such section in the future. Currently let’s communicate here. Please create new topics if they are not related to the subject of the current topic.February 6, 2018 at 11:07 am #3136
If you decide to start a new development using Rapid SCADA as a platform, I think, we should discuss it, may be I can do advice based on the user feedback.February 6, 2018 at 11:35 am #3137
Definitely, very useful advice. Thanks!May 21, 2018 at 8:59 am #3749
The Roadmap is added to the docs http://doc.rapidscada.net/content/en/software-overview/roadmap.html
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.