Tagged: Version 6 Beta
February 1, 2022 at 2:49 pm #10037February 5, 2022 at 7:59 am #10044JWParticipant
Installation and Basic Test:
1. Installation on both Windows 10 and Ubuntu 20.04 Tested OK.
2. A bug of WebApp not refreshing after switching between views on Firefox seems no longer there.
A few suggestion For ScadaAdmin App:
1. Make the search and replace function applicable for the enable (checkbox) fields.
2. Is it possible to copy an array / list from excel and paste it to the ScadAdmin table? at least for the number and text field, such as channel name, formula.
3. The linux pack no longer has ScadaAdmin. In v5 I can use mono to run ScadaAdmin GUI to modify settings and upload projects. Is there any features that allow user to at least upload a project from Linux desktop or command line?
some know bug /limitation on v5 I am going to test.
1. On V5 if the formula used channel exceed ~1.5k, the server will crash.
2. On V5 if the reading of 1 device exceed ~4k, communicator will not be able send to to server.February 6, 2022 at 9:13 am #10046
Thank you for testing.
> Make the search and replace function applicable for the enable (checkbox) fields.
That’s possible in the future. Currently, use a table filter or sorting by column. With the Space button you can change a checkbox.
> Is it possible to copy an array / list from excel and paste it to the ScadAdmin table?
Yes, use export to CSV and import from CSV.
> The linux pack no longer has ScadaAdmin.
Microsoft .NET 6 does not support WinForms for Linux, unfortunately.
> Is there any features that allow user to at least upload a project from Linux desktop or command line?
– Copy project files to the appropriate folders under /opt/scada
– Use a command line utility (I can share it) to convert the configuration database from XML to DAT format.
Create a tool for uploading a project using Agent service like the Administrator app does. It would be possible to upload projects also to PostgreSQL database. Such tool could be created with help of a sponsor.February 6, 2022 at 9:19 am #10047
> 1. On V5 if the formula used channel exceed ~1.5k, the server will crash.
Should work on v6, because source code of the formulas are split to multiple classes.
2. On V5 if the reading of 1 device exceed ~4k, communicator will not be able send to to server.
The limit was increased.
Refer the internal application protocol https://disk.yandex.ru/i/5ouUfspLjQ_k-A
See “Function 0x0206. Write Current Data”
The data buffer size is 1 MB. I suppose, it’s possible to send more than 50k channels, in theory.
Testing is appreciated.February 16, 2022 at 10:42 pm #10077Matt3Participant
Thanks for releasing the beta Version 6. It’s looking great.
With version 5, we added a lot of pages to the “C:\SCADA\ScadaWeb\custom” folder.
We used aspx webforms.
In the release doc for version 6, you mention for the “Webstation” that the “app has been completely redesigned using Razor Pages technology”.
What technology do you suggest we use to create custom pages in version 6?
MattFebruary 18, 2022 at 1:21 pm #10081
Microsoft says that Razor Pages is the most close technology to WebForms. So I suggest Razor Pages for creating custom web interface in v6.March 22, 2022 at 8:47 am #10111Matt3Participant
I’ve been trying beta 6 and so far so good.
However, I found a small issue with changing the SCH file path.
In ScadaAdmin.exe, Tools/Options/File Association/, I can not change the current file path. It is set to “C:\RapidSCADA_Beat_6\Windows\SCADA\ScadaSchemeEditor\ScadaSchemeEditor.exe”.
MattMarch 23, 2022 at 10:54 am #10113
Thank you for the bug report. It is fixed now, and the fix will be included in the next beta release.
Currently, you could manually edit a path in C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Local\ScadaAdmin\Config\ScadaAdminConfig.xmlApril 12, 2022 at 11:17 am #10180May 5, 2022 at 8:46 am #10248JWParticipant
Any plan for PlgNotification?May 5, 2022 at 4:26 pm #10250
Definitely, PlgNotification will be ported to v6.
For now, I can’t provide particular due date.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.