PET-7060 Problems

Forum Home Forums Communicating with Devices PET-7060 Problems

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Rich Ex
    Participant

Hello Friends , I have set up my server as per the tutorials and all is working well . I have a ICP CON PET-7060 (6 in out interface unit ) which I am using as a counter . This is set up a MODBUS/TCP and I can see the PET-7060 in the “Line State” .
    Im have trouble reading the data from the PET-7060 register , I have added the address in the Communications Lines properties but all I get back is DEVICE ERROR [02] Illegal data address .
    Now the address I want is 30016 and its holding register (4 bytes ) , so I have made a template called 7060.xml with this info , but I all I get back is the DEVICE ERROR …. Im sure its something simple , could anyone help please .
    Thanks and thanks for a fantastic piece of software . Rich UK

Mikhail

Hello Rich,

By default, addressing is one-based in the template editor. Many manufacturers specify zero-based addresses in the manuals. Try switching to zero-based addressing in the template settings.

http://rapidscada.net/doc/content/latest/en/use-cases/modbus-protocol-files/modbus_template_settings_en.png

Rich Ex
    Participant

Hi , thank you for the reply . Its very interesting, in the instructions for the device it gives the address as 300016 base 0 , could you explain what this means please as you mention base 1, I have not come across base 0 before .
    Thanks
    Rich

Mikhail

Hi,
    This is just a logical mess. In the official standard registers are numbered 1,2,…
    However, in data packets addresses are encoded like 0,1,…
    Because of this, some manufactures specify in manual physical address (from 0), while otherы logical address (from 1).

Rich Ex
    Participant

Hi Mikhail , thank you . I did know that the logic starts at 0 in some cases but I did not know this was called base 0 .!!

Anyway I have done what you said and set the template parameter to base 0 . The address for the counter in the manual for the PET-7060 is 3xx16 , so I set the address in the template to 16 and now its all working .

Thank you so much for your kind help
    Rich

Rich Ex
    Participant

Oh yes one more thing , where do I find the MODBUS emulator please , the link on the youtube video no longer works . Thanks again

Mikhail

Hi,
    Try the links below
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/modrssim/
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/modrssim2/

Does at least one of them work?

Rich Ex
    Participant

Mikhail , thanks the 64bit version works great . Also I have the remote unit PET7060 working great now in the real world on a local network …… Whilst talking about local networks I can not log onto my server web page from another machine on the network !!
    My server is on 192.168.1.60 …. on this server machine if I put 192.168.1.60/scada/ in the search bar of Chrome it all works . If I go onto another PC on my network I can not connect at all …just get a connection time out

Again am I missing something simple ?
    Thank you Rich

Mikhail

My server is on 192.168.1.60 …. on this server machine if I put 192.168.1.60/scada/ in the search bar of Chrome it all works . If I go onto another PC on my network I can not connect at all …just get a connection time out

Please create a new topic for this question, because it has another sobject.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.