I attached the DLL process of the new driver to scadacommsvc.exe in the debug directory, scadacommsvc Exe is registered as a service. However, the breakpoint in the DLL is invalid. The prompt: the breakpoint will not be hit at present, and no symbols have been loaded for the document。What are the detailed steps of using VisualStudio to debug the driver?
Hello, thank you very much for your reply. Can I understand that the newly developed driver DLL can not be debugged in the administrator application source code debugging mode, but can only create a new solution to debug the DLL separately or copy the DLL to the communicator installation directory? I wonder if there is any way to debug DLL in the administrator application source code debugging mode? Thank you very much for your support.
1. Run Visual Studio as administrator.
2. Open the solution that contains the driver.
3. Switch VS to Debug configuration and build the driver.
4. Copy the created driver DLL to Communicator.
5. Configure and start Communicator service.
6. Attach to Communicator process from VS.