Accumulating values

Forum Home › Forums › Understanding the Software › Formulas › Accumulating values

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #18221
    oley
    Participant

    I need to create channels that accumulate values.
    I have access to real-time power and daily energy production, and I need the monthly total of energy produced.
    Another example is sales profit: I have a data stream with the energy price, which changes every 15 minutes, and I’d like to accumulate the profit throughout the day—that is, energy produced * current price. Similarly, I’d like to calculate the monthly profit.
    What would be the best solution?

    #18224
    Mikhail
    Moderator

    Please describe and provide examples of the channels that act as sources.

    #18225
    oley
    Participant

    We have various devices. Some of them provide energy production metrics: current and daily (which increases from the start to the end of the day and resets to zero).
    In other devices, we only have the current power, which would need to be multiplied by time and accumulated as energy.

    #18234
    Mikhail
    Moderator

    Each case requires each own formula. There is not enough information to make a recommendation. If data has been collected, related screenshots can help.

    #18235
    oley
    Participant

    Hi,

    sample energy channels:

    https://ibb.co/C3RzxnYc
    https://ibb.co/RpnJRy9z

    One of them resets at midnight and the other grows continuously.
    For the second one (which grows continuously) I need a daily and monthly value.
    The first one is daily value, so I need a monthly value.

    I thought about a script, which checks the current local time and stores day and month starts values in separate channels.

    #18238
    Mikhail
    Moderator

    Hi,

    For the second one (which grows continuously) I need a daily and monthly value.

    Try ModDiffCalculator for that channels. Also Elastic Report Plugin can calculate the differences.

    For now ibb.co is down. Could you upload the screenshots to another hosting?

    #18239
    Mikhail
    Moderator

    I thought about a script, which checks the current local time and stores day and month starts values in separate channels.

    This is possible.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.