Modbus RTU Device with RS485 to IP converter

Forum Home Forums Communicating with Devices Modbus Modbus RTU Device with RS485 to IP converter

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    victorlam
    Participant

I have a Modbus RTU device with address =1. This Modbus device using address #1 then is connected to a RS485 to TCP-IP converter. The address of this RS485 to TCP-IP converter is using IP address 192.168.17.7. My laptop is using 192.168.17.51. May I know where I should set my IP address 192.168.17.7 of RS-485 to TCP-IP converter within Administrator side?

Where I should set as Modbus RTU or Modbus TCP here?

manjey73
    Participant

The mode should be Modbus RTU, but the communication line setup should be TCP/IP with the port specified from the converter settings. At the same time, the device Address = 1 must be specified in the device settings

Mikhail

Enter an IP address into the Call Number field, and Modbus ID into the Address field.

victorlam
    Participant

Again, may I know if I have to pay Modbus Slave driver here? Or this application is not related with Slave driver here. If this is the case, I will be noted on this.

Mikhail

To communicate with a Modbus device you need a Modbus driver that is included in Rapid SCADA by default. While Modbus Slave driver is used in special rare cases.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.