Log Sentron PAC3200

Forum Home Forums Understanding the Software Log Sentron PAC3200

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    joeh6966
    Participant

Is there an easy tutorial to learn how to use Rapid SCADA?
    I only want to log one meter at least 4 times per day in one setup automatically, instead of manually like now. I have not been able to find any software that will make this an easy task.
    One was Windmillsoft7 that doesn’t know how to convert 64 bit double precision registers to a decimal. So, if SCADA can’t do that, I don’t wish to waste any more time trying to get that simple task done.
    Does Rapid SCADA have the ability to obtain decimal numbers from 64 bit double precision registers like the ones in the PAC3200?

manjey73
    Participant

The Rapid Scada database works and stores data in double format. It works perfectly with these formats.

manjey73
    Participant

Sorry, are you talking about the Siemens PAC3200 ? Yes, it has registers in double format, you just read a group of registers, and glue them together in Scada using formulas.

The current Modbus driver is able to work with Double directly

• This reply was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by manjey73.
    joeh6966
    Participant

Yes, Siemens Sentron PAC3200

joeh6966
    Participant

Do I have to buy the Modbus driver?

manjey73
    Participant

No, you don’t have to. It is part of RapidScada and is free. The source codes of the kernel and all open system drivers are also available on GitHub

Mikhail

Is there an easy tutorial to learn how to use Rapid SCADA?

Documentation

Does Rapid SCADA have the ability to obtain decimal numbers from 64 bit double precision registers

Yes.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.