Michal Dziczkowski

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: Documentation request #1454
    Michal Dziczkowski
    Participant

> 1. Covert DB itself.
    > 2. Develop a utility that will “pass the configuration database to
    > server app”. It means convert SQLite to *.dat files used by the
    > Rapid SCADA apps.

ad. 1: I think that there online some converters with could do that
    ad 2: wouldn’t be easier to implement a direct support and actions on the database instead of doing so many additional (and mostly unnessecary) steps with would make the usage more dissicult?

I suggest that instead of *.dat use the extension *.db because not every software can correctly reorganize, read and write it.

About the app server… have you heard about the GO language? there is quite easy to create in it a system independant (it will be able to get compiled on Windows, Linux and Apple OS) server with could make the data accessable

in reply to: Incomplete package for Linux (Mono) #1453
    Michal Dziczkowski
    Participant

wouldn’t it be easier to do RapidScada more modular? this would for sure simplify the develpoment process and future extending of it

in reply to: Documentation request #1448
    Michal Dziczkowski
    Participant

that’s true, but developing one would require time and resources (like for example programmers, money, etc.) and this would delay much the development process.

If I may, then I would propose to convert the database files to SQLite and till the editor get’s ready, allow to use the SQLite database managemnt and edition software.

My question is, who would develop such editior about You wrote and would it be a OpenSource, or other free kind license or a commercial product. If commercial then how much would it cost.

Please take it into attention that not every one can afford themself to buy a commercial license, so this why a free license would be the best choice here.

in reply to: Documentation request #1446
    Michal Dziczkowski
    Participant

> Anyway it’s hard to configure the system by standard DB editor without a specialized GUI editor.

and

> Convert the configuration database to SQLite and develop an editor for it

there is no need to develop a special *.db editor since such ones are already avaliable, like for example: https://github.com/lazierthanthou/sqlite-manager. It has even a Firefox plugin

in reply to: Incomplete package for Linux (Mono) #1445
    Michal Dziczkowski
    Participant

what do You think, with one from the two options you gave would be more possible and easier to do ?

in reply to: Documentation request #1440
    Michal Dziczkowski
    Participant

> All the existing manuals are published

where exactly? I don’t see any link to it on the rapidscada.org website

> If you edit *.tbl by Table editor, all parameters are accessible via GUI.

How can I access it, since I don’t see it (neither the SchemeEditor) neighter in the download section of the page, nor in the downloaded file

> If you edit them manually, see ServerRoom.tbl as an example.

The params aren’t documented in it

> If you described it, I could generate an idea how to solve it in optimal way

How about replacing the Microsoft SQL Server Compact (*.sdf) format with more universal one, like for example sqlite (*.db)?

in reply to: [Fatal error] Application Exception #1434
    Michal Dziczkowski
    Participant

let me put it more simple:

http://localhost:8084/scada works and nothing else (else things throw errors)

in reply to: [Translation] Assembling ScadaServer 4.5.7 in Mono #1433
    Michal Dziczkowski
    Participant

Google isn’t the best tool for translation (not very exact) but it’s good if some one don’t know the source language

in reply to: [Fatal error] Application Exception #1429
    Michal Dziczkowski
    Participant

I had uninstalled and re-installed mono, xsp4 RapidScada. Only the part with /scada started to work and the remaining ones still throw errors

in reply to: [Fatal error] Application Exception #1427
    Michal Dziczkowski
    Participant

mono: 3.2.8+dfsg-4ubuntu4
    mono-xsp4: 3.8-2.1

in reply to: [Fatal error] Application Exception #1424
    Michal Dziczkowski
    Participant
    • dabian.webapp:
      <apps>
        <web-application>
          <name>scada</name>
          <vpath>/scada</vpath>
          <path>/etc/scada/ScadaWeb</path>
        </web-application>
      </apps>
    • mono-xsp4:
      # Defaults for mono-xsp4, official version
      # sourced by /etc/init.d/mono-xsp4

# Should we start it?
      start_boot=true

# User and group by default
      user=www-data
      group=www-data

# Default port
      port=8084
      address=0.0.0.0

# Directory for config files
      config_files=/etc/xsp4
    • xsp4/conf.d/scada/10_scada:
      This is the configuration file 
      for the scada virtualhost
      path = /etc/scada/ScadaWeb
      alias = /scada
    in reply to: [Fatal error] Application Exception #1421
    Michal Dziczkowski
    Participant

tryed. The result was:

System.ArgumentException
    Directory does not exists
    Parameter name: value

Description: HTTP 400.Error processing request.

Details: Non-web exception. Exception origin (name of application or object): System.
    Exception stack trace:
      at System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.set_Path (System.String value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.FileSystemWatcher:set_Path (string)
      at System.Web.HttpRuntime.SetupOfflineWatch () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at System.Web.HttpRuntime.Process (System.Web.HttpWorkerRequest req) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at System.Web.HttpRuntime.RealProcessRequest (System.Object o) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequest (System.Web.HttpWorkerRequest wr) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at Mono.WebServer.MonoWorkerRequest.ProcessRequest () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    in reply to: [Fatal error] Application Exception #1419
    Michal Dziczkowski
    Participant

I have downloaded the Linux version and I wanted to test it on my Ubuntu 14.04

The login link returned:

System.Web.HttpException
    The resource cannot be found.

Description: HTTP 404.The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Details: Requested URL: /scada/login.aspx
    Exception stack trace:
      at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.AssertVirtualPathExists (System.Web.VirtualPath virtualPath) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.Build (System.Web.VirtualPath vp) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetCompiledType (System.Web.VirtualPath virtualPath) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CreateInstanceFromVirtualPath (System.Web.VirtualPath virtualPath, System.Type requiredBaseType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at System.Web.UI.PageParser.GetCompiledPageInstance (System.String virtualPath, System.String inputFile, System.Web.HttpContext context) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.GetHandler (System.Web.HttpContext context, System.String requestType, System.String url, System.String path) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at System.Web.HttpApplication.GetHandler (System.Web.HttpContext context, System.String url, Boolean ignoreContextHandler) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at System.Web.HttpApplication.GetHandler (System.Web.HttpContext context, System.String url) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
      at System.Web.HttpApplication+<Pipeline>c__Iterator1.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)