dejan

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: What can be stored as Minute data? #631
    dejan
    Participant

Hi Mikhail,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I know there is the averaging check box, but can you please tell me exactly how it works. Any averaging is performed over a certain number of samples, so my question is how many samples does the built-in averaging takes and over what time period. I would like to have the new average on every minute based on the samples from the previous minute.

You mentioned comparing my own calculated average with the built-in average. Could you please give me a hint on how to calculate my own average.

in reply to: Sending Int16 or Uint16 as command value #547
    dejan
    Participant

Hi Mikhail,

Trying to solve that command formula problem I have, I reverted Scada Server back to version 4.4 and now command formulas work.

To be 100% sure, I have uninstalled 4.4 and installed 4.5 Server again. Command formulas don’t work. Then installed 4.4, formulas work.

So definitely there is a bug in the new 4.5 Server.

in reply to: Sending Int16 or Uint16 as command value #536
    dejan
    Participant

Hi Mikhail,

Thanks for the tip.

But before I managed to try it, I bumped into a trivial problem – can’t make the output channel formula to work. I wrote a simple formula – Cmd*10, but when I check “Communicator” “Device data” for the command value, I always get the original command value, not the one calculated by the formula. For example, command value =10, value from the Communicator is also 10, but it should be 100 because of the formula.

I defined the formula by checking the “Formula used” check box, and writing “Cmd*10” into “Formula” text box. Then clicked the “Pass to Scada server” and then clicked the “Restart Scada server service”.

Any idea of what am I missing here?

in reply to: Sending Int16 or Uint16 as command value #519
    dejan
    Participant

OK, got it.

Thanks

in reply to: Sending Int16 or Uint16 as command value #516
    dejan
    Participant

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6UnLsN1oaMgM05RcWhYdVFKelk/view?usp=sharing

In my machine I’m using Modbus function 16 for writing to holding registers. That’s why “Multiple is checked” to tell communicator to use function 16 instead of function 06.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by dejan.
    in reply to: Sending Int16 or Uint16 as command value #515
    dejan
    Participant

in reply to: Sending Int16 or Uint16 as command value #512
    dejan
    Participant

For example, if I send a simple number like 100 or 200, my modbus device receives 0. If I send binary hex data 00 64 (=100 decimal) my device receives 100.
    All that done directly from communicator.

in reply to: Sending Int16 or Uint16 as command value #511
    dejan
    Participant

No, it doesn’t. I can only correctly send binary data from communicator.

in reply to: Sending Int16 or Uint16 as command value #509
    dejan
    Participant

Hi Mikhail,

Thanks for your replies, but I still don’t have the answer to my original question – what to configure and how in order to send a value as 2-byte integer to a Modbus device.

in reply to: Sending Int16 or Uint16 as command value #507
    dejan
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve installed the new Communicator. Now, when I send any value I get this log in Device Data / Commands:

| 2 | 18/09/2015 10:14:55 | Command: type = Standard, device num. = 1, value = N3 |

What does N3 mean?

in reply to: Sending Int16 or Uint16 as command value #505
    dejan
    Participant

I’m still using the previous version 4.4 of Communicator and I can’t see command values there. Regardless of that, in “Standard” command type description provided in Administrator app, it says that for “Standard” type, command parameter is floating point number. And it seems that value entered is treated as such. So, I have no idea how to send an integer as command value.

If it is necessary, I will install the latest version of Rapid Scada.

Dejan

in reply to: Any questions about Rapid SCADA and Raspberry Pi #480
    dejan
    Participant

Thanks Mikhail, I’ll try it when I have some time.

Dejan

in reply to: Any questions about Rapid SCADA and Raspberry Pi #474
    dejan
    Participant

Hi Mikhail,

Is it possible to use Rapid Scada with Windows 10 IoT on Raspi? I guess running Scada Web could be a problem (not sure whether there is IIS for Windows 10 IoT), but having just Communicator and Server working would also be quite nice.

Dejan

dejan
    Participant

Hello Mikhail,

I’ve repeated the installation and configuration process on another windows 10 machine and everything is working now – I can access scada web page. Tomorrow I will try to find out what is wrong with my first installation. Definitely it has something to do with IIS serving .aspx files. I’ve tested my IIS installation with plain HTML and then the same HTML code wrapped as an .asp file. Both worked. Then I’ve used the same HTML code but this time as an .aspx. This time I got 404 error. So it means IIS server doesn’t know what to do with the .aspx and that is the reason why Login.aspx is not showing.

By the way I’ve also installed Rapid Scada on my Windows 7 machine at home, just to check the installation and configuration steps again. At first I’ve got an error trying to open Login page. The reason was DefaultAppPool which was configured to use .NET 2.0 instead of 4.0. After I’ve changed it from 2.0 to 4.0 everything worked as it should. So this could be one of the reasons why other people have the same problem as I had.

Dejan

Dejan

dejan
    Participant
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)