mrexpert

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    mrexpert
    Participant

Hi, after playing around with this some more, I am able to read the discreet inputs as on/off from the devices. so that part has been a success.
    The next item I am trying to read the values from the Holding registers, which need to be read as 32-bit floating point and the word order needs to be Low word first.
    How to I set the modbus driver to read with those two settings?
    Thank you.

in reply to: Control by web #10875
    mrexpert
    Participant

I was unable to get the info from the remaining channels to display the values, but at the moment, i have what I need to present proof of concept for a project.
    If the project gets approved, I will request a paid service/remote assistance from you, to clean up a few things that I am unclear on.
    Thank you for your help on getting me this far!

in reply to: Control by web #10759
    mrexpert
    Participant

Thank you for the link. After going thru it a few times, I was able get a connection.

I was able to get connected, and to start reading from the device for the inputs and relays, on the IO#’s 0-14, but unable to get the rest of the output from the device, IO’s 16-22.
    (As you can see in Rapidoutput.png in google drive link I have shared) it is working for those.

Scada Images

I have tried as many different settings as I can figure out, but still no data from the remaining Modbus outputs.
    I have included the modbus table from the device, instructions from the manufacturer regarding modbus (PDF) and an image of the result with two of the different settings (Outputs.png)
    Can you tell me what I might be doing wrong?
    Once I can get through it once, then I can use it as a template for the next devices to add to the software.
    Thank you.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)