David01

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: ModDBExport Authentication failed #7733
    David01
    Participant

It’s working now.

Thank you very much, Mikhail.

in reply to: ModDBExport Authentication failed #7723
    David01
    Participant

Hello,

I am having the same problem the original poster had. I am using MySQL 8.0. and I am getting the following error all the time:

2020-12-14 13:49:53 Error connecting to DB MySQL – localhost: Authentication to host ‘localhost’ for user ‘root’ using method ‘mysql_native_password’ failed with message: Access denied for user ‘root’@’localhost’ (using password: YES)

The configuration is really simple, so I don’t understand why it’s not working. I am just trying to connect to the localhost. And I tried it on different projects but the same thing happens all the time. I am currently using the HelloWorld sample project.

My connection string is as follows:

Connection problems

I have been stuck for hours now. I tried everything. I entered the password manually. I tried different users. I tried reconfiguring the MySQL server with a different authentication configuration but then I got an error saying I don’t have the necessary plugins. I also read the answers in the link above but none worked.

Please help.

in reply to: Storing the result of a formula with Database Import Driver #7662
    David01
    Participant

Thank you. I will look into it.

in reply to: Storing the result of a formula with Database Import Driver #7652
    David01
    Participant

Also, is there a way to store multiple data in a single sql table with a single command?

The documentation references the cmdVal variable, but that only sends the value of the current command. So, what if I need to store several variables?

For example, table1 has two columns: variable1 and variable2. I can use an SQL query like this:

INSERT INTO table1(variable1, variable2) VALUES (@cmdVal, null)

I can only pass the data for variable1, that’s why I am forced to pass a null value to variable2. Do I need to create an aditional command to write variable2 on the table?

in reply to: Storing the result of a formula with Database Import Driver #7642
    David01
    Participant

Yes. I am using Database Import Driver.

I managed to make it work on my own. I think I had done something wrong with the configuration. I am sorry for the trouble.

Now I have another question: Is there a way to store data in a database automatically over time , without a prompt?

If I understood this correctly, the only way to save data is by sending a command, isn’t it?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)