JW

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 127 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: Delay before creating an event #13580
    JW
    Participant

In my use case, delay event is mainly to reduce false alarms, instead of simply triggering events with delay.
    Sometimes the signal from sensor can be flickering or missing for a very short time, user don’t want to have the event of these flickers.
    So I set a counter to trigger the event, to make sure the event only will be triggered only the condition last for longer than a certain period of time.

The purpose is similar to the deadband, which reduce event numbers when the value wiggling around the limits.

As Mikhail suggested, adding feature to generate events on trigger to Automatic Control Module can partially solve the issue. but not very convenient.

Currently I’m only creating triggers channels for some critical data channels to achieve delay alarms.
    Creating triggers for many channels and setting up auto control module for many channels are a little troublesome.

in reply to: Delay before creating an event #13509
    JW
    Participant

The difficult / inconvenience is that the events can only be trigger by changing the value to exceed the limits.

Is it possible to have a formula to write an event? That will be very helpful to allow user to decide when to create an event in formula.

in reply to: Delay before creating an event #13508
    JW
    Participant

I am also looking for a solution to this.

One temporary solution I’m using is:

create a channel (X-raw) to acquire the real-time data but not disable events.

create another channel (c) as counter. the counter has a initial value of 10*delay_in_sec, decrease if the value exceeded the limit, reset if the value with limit.
    Note: the channel values updates roughly 8-9 times per second.

create another channel (X) and enable events. the value of this channel only updates if not exceeding the limit, or exceeded limit and counter decrease to 0.

in reply to: Channel with Self Increase / Decrease Value #13367
    JW
    Participant

The case I am worrying about was the formula referencing and updating self-value will trigger the channel updating again as a endless feedback loop.

If it’s not the case, but only all channels are calculated around 8-10 times per second, I can use a counter counting down from 300 to 0 to simulate a 30s delay.

in reply to: chart plugin within same tab #13199
    JW
    Participant

Popup with close button is a good idea. It makes going back to the previous view even easier.

One concern is the resolution of screen can be very different, from 720p to 4K, 4:3 and 16:9, ,can the pop up size be adaptive by the browser size?

in reply to: rapidscada 6.1 install on linux problem #13026
    JW
    Participant

staging version seems to be the critical part to make running Admin app possible.
    with this version the app can start, with some error log.
    will try to play long with it a little bit more later on.

2023-07-21 20:00:03 [APEX-VIRTUALBOX][apex][ERR] Error loading instance configuration:
    Could not find a part of the path 'Z:\home\apex\Documents\Config\ScadaInstanceConfig.xml'.
    2023-07-21 20:00:03 [APEX-VIRTUALBOX][apex][ERR] Dictionary file not found: Z:\home\apex\Documents\ScadaAdmin_Wine\Lang\ScadaCommon.en-GB.xml
    2023-07-21 20:00:03 [APEX-VIRTUALBOX][apex][ERR] Dictionary file not found: Z:\home\apex\Documents\ScadaAdmin_Wine\Lang\ScadaAdmin.en-GB.xml
    2023-07-21 20:00:03 [APEX-VIRTUALBOX][apex][ERR] Dictionary file not found: Z:\home\apex\Documents\ScadaAdmin_Wine\Lang\ScadaServer.en-GB.xml
    2023-07-21 20:00:03 [APEX-VIRTUALBOX][apex][ERR] Dictionary file not found: Z:\home\apex\Documents\ScadaAdmin_Wine\Lang\ScadaComm.en-GB.xml
    2023-07-21 20:00:03 [APEX-VIRTUALBOX][apex][ERR] Unable to create extension logic ExtDepAgent. File Z:\home\apex\Documents\ScadaAdmin_Wine\Lib\ExtDepAgent.dll not found
    2023-07-21 20:00:03 [APEX-VIRTUALBOX][apex][ERR] Unable to create extension logic ExtDepPostgreSql. File Z:\home\apex\Documents\ScadaAdmin_Wine\Lib\ExtDepPostgreSql.dll not found
    2023-07-21 20:00:03 [APEX-VIRTUALBOX][apex][ERR] Unable to create extension logic ExtServerConfig. File Z:\home\apex\Documents\ScadaAdmin_Wine\Lib\ExtServerConfig.dll not found
    2023-07-21 20:00:03 [APEX-VIRTUALBOX][apex][ERR] Unable to create extension logic ExtCommConfig. File Z:\home\apex\Documents\ScadaAdmin_Wine\Lib\ExtCommConfig.dll not found
    2023-07-21 20:00:03 [APEX-VIRTUALBOX][apex][ERR] Unable to create extension logic ExtWebConfig. File Z:\home\apex\Documents\ScadaAdmin_Wine\Lib\ExtWebConfig.dll not found
    2023-07-21 20:00:03 [APEX-VIRTUALBOX][apex][ERR] Unable to create extension logic ExtProjectTools. File Z:\home\apex\Documents\ScadaAdmin_Wine\Lib\ExtProjectTools.dll not found
    2023-07-21 20:00:03 [APEX-VIRTUALBOX][apex][ERR] Unable to create extension logic ExtTableEditor. File Z:\home\apex\Documents\ScadaAdmin_Wine\Lib\ExtTab
    in reply to: rapidscada 6.1 install on linux problem #13012
    JW
    Participant

I downloaded ScadaAdmin-wine from one of the link in the forum, but unable to get it work after tring many wine version.
    Is there any version and dependency requirements?

in reply to: Check scada user authentication #12968
    JW
    Participant

I am thinking it is possible to store the login authentication in Webstation, let the Webstation to pass the authentication info and login when going to the views embedding the my other service.

in reply to: Check scada user authentication #12967
    JW
    Participant

In V5 there is a Grafana integration module, how’s that deal with the user authentication? Or they are 2 complete different service with different authentication?

in reply to: Rapid SCADA 6 Beta #12953
    JW
    Participant

Fully editable for all Configuration Database maybe not necessary. Partially editable maybe even better for admin to control the access of users.

e.g.
    In the table view, the displayed channel can be check and edit for the alarm limits.

But does it require restart of the scadaserver service to be effective after changing alarm limit settings if configuration stored in DB?

in reply to: Rapid SCADA 6 Beta #12934
    JW
    Participant

Since now the ModArcPostgreSql are available, is there any planning on making configuration Database “BaseDAT” also stored in PSQL?

Then the users can change their passwords, admins can edit alarm threshold on the web .

JW
    Participant

As temporary measure, is there any recommended way to monitor and auto restart the service on crash?

For systemd daemon file, it’s easy to add

[Service]
    Restart=always
    RestartSec=30

But the Scada 5.8.4 is using init.d, and the daemon file is a complicated script. Is there any similar to do it?

in reply to: Using URL on inteface table #11736
    JW
    Participant

sorry the /// in this post was a typo. couldn’t edit it now.
    but in the actual project, the setting was correct.

In most case the current version works fine.

But I am looking for solutions for the 2 cases I mentioned.

in reply to: Rapid SCADA 6 Beta #10953
    JW
    Participant

the picture link above seems not working.
    it’s figure 5 in this link
    https://instrumentationtools.com/basics-of-alarms-and-trips/

in reply to: Rapid SCADA 6 Beta #10952
    JW
    Participant

Test on channel deadband
    Limits are 10,20,30,40 and deadband is 2
    Init value as 25.5, increase value by +1 until 50.5; then decrese value by -1 until 0.5; then increase value by +1 until 25.5.

Event detected as follow:

High, 30.5 °C
    Extremely high, 40.5 °C
    High, 39.5 °C
    Normal, 27.5 °C
    Low, 19.5 °C
    Extremely low, 9.5 °C
    Low, 10.5 °C
    Normal, 22.5 °C

the deadband seems only work on the bounds of normal/high and low/normal, but not high/extremely high nor low/extremely low.

then testing value flicking round 30, only 1 event of high as expected. but when testing value value flicking round 40, many high/extremely high events.

for multiple status, I think it would be better if the deadband works for all bounds, as the following picture.

https://instrumentationtools.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Multiple-Alarm-Trips-768×728.jpg?ezimgfmt=ng:webp/ngcb2

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 127 total)