Hennie_Kotze

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: Using KpDBImport and SQL #11746
    Hennie_Kotze
    Participant

Links to the images:

IMG1

IMG2

IMG3

IMG4

in reply to: Using KpDBImport and SQL #11744
    Hennie_Kotze
    Participant

Gabeirinhas,

If you look at the attached pictures you will see an example of how I did it.

Hope it helps…

Regards,IMG1

IMG2

IMG3

IMG4

in reply to: Event Description #11610
    Hennie_Kotze
    Participant

Victorlam,

If I understand correctly, you want to view the actual value of the channel, while also associating the channel value with a predefined status, or “unit”…

For the event viewer to indicate the status, or the “unit” of the channel, we have to define the channel format as “ENUM TEXT”. For this reason, the actual number will not show on the webstation as a number, but as a text…

I am not sure what the correct way will be to accomplish this…. however, I do have a work-around for you….

I created a new input channel, and a new communication line, which is connected to the same device (In my case, the same battery). You can edit the properties of the communication channel to only retrieve the data word you are interested in, so you don’t have to re-create ALL the tags again…

Once you have created the new channel, you can change the format of the specific input channel to “D”, instead of “ENUM TEXT”. This new input channel will now indicate the number and not the text.

In short, we have created a new input channel, with a separate communication line that is identical to the one used for the same device….

Hope this helps…

Regards,

in reply to: Event Description #11598
    Hennie_Kotze
    Participant

Victorlam,

I have not worked with this in a while so I might be a bit rusty…

If I recall correctly, I created a new “UNIT” called “Battery States”, as you can see in the previous picture I uploaded.

Then I created the new “EVENT TYPES”, also as you can see in the picture I uploaded previously.

Now, when my channel value changes from “1” to “0”, or from “1” to “2”, or to “3”, the “event type” and the “unit” is combined into one EVENT in the EVENT LIST, and it’s colour is also defined in the EVENT TYPE.

Below I have added another picture of my EVENT LIST as seen from my webstation.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fg80lfq14a1wg1i/EVENT_STATUS_VIEW.png?dl=0

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by Hennie_Kotze.
    in reply to: Event Description #11206
    Hennie_Kotze
    Participant

Victorlam,

Can you revert back to your original deployment settings before you made the changes, and then see if the webstation is functional?

You can also send us a picture of the settings for verification.

Regards,

in reply to: Event Description #11053
    Hennie_Kotze
    Participant

Victorlam,

If the pictures in the last post are not visible, then just right click on each and select “open in a new window”

I just showed how an example of a battery status.

Regards,

in reply to: Event Description #11047
    Hennie_Kotze
    Participant

Victorlam,

Defining a new unit is correct. It sounds like you managed to get it working then?

I have limited experience with the notification plugin, so I wont be able to give much advice on that topic.

The only thing I did extra, was to change the color of the statuses. For this you can define a new event Type for each status, and select the desired color for each. Then you can define a new formula under “Dictionaries/Formulas”. The formula will just return one of the new event types for each status.

Event Type
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/emaxrgbqwvffwvh/Event%20Types.png?dl=0

Formula
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/kwyq7la7qkurfl1/formula%20BatStat.png?dl=0

Input Channel
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/28n92l31lku2gmm/Input%20Channels%20-%20Device%201.png?dl=0

Units
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/wz2n9wthz3ig8rp/Units%20Battery%20States.png?dl=0

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by Mikhail.
    in reply to: Event Description #11016
    Hennie_Kotze
    Participant

Good day Victorlam,

My apologies for the long delay.

Just a quick question to understand your requirements…

The number, or input you need to work with… Is it a real number (number with a decimal point), or an Integer (Number without a decimal point) or a Boolean (On or Off)?

If the value is a “1” or a “2” or a “3” etc., then it is an integer, If the value is either a “0” or a “1”, then it is a Boolean or a discrete.

Also, do you only need two statuses? “Healthy” & “Faulty” ?

in reply to: Event Description #10939
    Hennie_Kotze
    Participant

Victorlam,

I am currently busy with training so I am unable to assist right away.

I will be back in the office tomorrow, so hopefully I can provide you with the information before Friday.

Regards,

in reply to: How to set up Telegram #10018
    Hennie_Kotze
    Participant

Ok It seems like I figured it out…

When I get ID and name of the chat, it was my ID and Chat with the bot itself.

Once I added the bot to the group, I had to subscribe to the group as well.

I sent a command 2 with value 1 from the device in the communicator, and the subscription mode went to “on”. I then sent /START <Password> from my phone to the GROUP, not the bot… The group then added my subscription, and VOILA!!

Regards,

in reply to: How to set up Telegram #10017
    Hennie_Kotze
    Participant

Good Day,

If I may jump into this thread… I think my query is related…

1. I installed telegram and completed the setup.
    2. I created the new bot, and added it to a new group
    3. I received a bot token
    4. I registered the driver
    5. Received ID and Chat number using the messenger, then added that to the device configuration form
    6. Created input and output channels for the device
    7. upload configuration and restart services
    8. Line state is running normal.

Current device tags data
    +——–+——————–+——-+———+
    | Signal | Name | Value | Channel |
    +——–+——————–+——-+———+
    | 1 | Sent notifications | 0 | 301 |
    +——–+——————–+——-+———+
    | 2 | Subscription mode | Off | 302 |
    +——–+——————–+——-+———+

LINE LOG:

2022-01-27 06:34:46 Communication session with the Device 3 “TELEGRAM”, type: KpTelegram
    Send request:
    https://api.telegram.org/bot5130888050:AAHJ2DkMmBBclVW7nQ69YFM30SUpD2zOI5Y/getUpdates?offset=7504815&timeout=5&allowed_updates=message
    Received response:
    {“ok”:true,”result”:[]}

9. I can send a standard command 2 with value 1, and then the subscription mode changes to “ON”. However, I dont know if this is correct, because the manual says this step is obsolete.

10. If I send a binary command stating the chat group name and the text ( <Chat group Name> ; Hello World ), then the commands show an error for each command I try to send.

Comm. sessions (total / errors) : 547 / 0
    Commands (total / errors) : 2 / 1
    Requests (total / errors) : 548 / 0

2022-01-27 06:44:13 Command to the Device 3 “TELEGRAM”, type: KpTelegram
    Subscription with name telegram test group is missing

Any Idea what I’m doing wrong here?

Regerds,

in reply to: Event Description #10016
    Hennie_Kotze
    Participant

Thank you,

I’ll play around with it until I get it to work… At least now I’m on the right path!

Tell me, is there a way we can swop the direction of the event messages around? Instead of having the latest event appear at the bottom, can we change it to appear at the top?

Regards,

in reply to: Event Description #10012
    Hennie_Kotze
    Participant

Mikhail,

I finally found the settings in the dictionaries, under the tabs “UNITS”, “EVENT TYPES”….

Now the event description is working!!

Please just give me an example of the formula used to change the state of a channel, so I can assign the correct colours to the events as well.

Regards,

in reply to: Event Description #10011
    Hennie_Kotze
    Participant

Thanks Mikhail,

I’m making progress at least…. I created the channels and used the different states to change colour. It works well.

I just cant figure out how to create my own custom unit… I dont see any option for that… All options I see in the units table are the pre defined units, and they dont include a “Custom Unit” selection…

Do I have to create a seperate channel as TEXT format and use a formula to do it?

Regards,

in reply to: Event Description #10006
    Hennie_Kotze
    Participant

Thanks for the advice,

But I’m still struggling with this one a bit…

I can edit the channel properties like this:

Quantity = STATE
    Format = ENUM TEXT
    Unit = ON / OFF
    Upper Alarm Limit = 2

The description indicates the following:

Channel Value = 3 / Event Description “Alarm High: ON” / Colour of text is green
    Channel Value = 2 / Event Description “Normal: ON” / Colour of text is green
    Channel Value = 1 / No Event
    Channel Value = 0 / No Event

If I transition the channel value from 3 down to 0, then the description is “Normal:OFF” and it’s in red…

Is this correct, or did I not configure it correcty?

Perhaps I did not understand the point number 2 in your reply correctly??

Is there any way I can add my own text to display as the event description?

Regards,

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)