mkieffer

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: Siemens Logo! Modbus #4473
    mkieffer
    Participant

Hennie,

I ended up going to — haven’t had a chance to get back to working on my project with it yet though. It’s far more complex than Rapid SCADA.

Would you mind sharing how you got the communication working with Rapid SCADA? It would be much appreciated!

Mike

• This reply was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by Mikhail.
    in reply to: Siemens Logo! Modbus #4466
    mkieffer
    Participant

Hi Hennie,

I ended up abandoning Rapid SCADA, I was unable to get it to properly communicate with the PLC.

MK

in reply to: Siemens Logo! Modbus #3971
    mkieffer
    Participant

I am not aware of any utilities, I did find another manual that goes into more detail about network connections using modbus. I will check through it and see what I can find/test.

in reply to: Siemens Logo! Modbus #3962
    mkieffer
    Participant

I will clarify the manufacture of the device is Siemens the product series is called LOGO!
    As per the PLC guide the Modbus addressing is as follows ModbusAddressing
    I am able to get RapidSCADA connected (showing connected as server on the PLC) I am able to read inputs/outputs (I&Q) from the PLC Device Data

Please see the following capture form the PLC programming application.
    SoftComfort

The trouble starts if I try and send command 1 which is to enable 8193 (Q1) nothing happens, if I send command 2 it will enable Q2 not problem.
    SendCommand8193
    SendCommand8194

The next issue I also cannot enable the network input NI1, send command 3 and nothing happens
    SendCommand74

Here are the screenshots from the modbus line configuration from RapidSCADA
    Comm_Line_Param CommLineParam
    Template

Any assistance would be great! I’ve been spending a lot of hours trying to solve this and would really like to use RapidSCADA.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)