hbwhite

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    hbwhite
    Participant

I had to get this project finished on time with SSL support, so I ended up writing my own SCADA system in Python over the past few days using pymodbus, OpenSSL, Flask, and Apache. It doesn’t have as many features as Rapid SCADA, but it meets my requirements and runs “natively” on Linux. It actually wasn’t as difficult as I expected it to be! 🙂

If I was using a Windows computer, Rapid SCADA would have been a better choice, but since I’m trying to run this on a Raspberry Pi, I needed something that could run on Linux with minimal CPU load (Mono used a lot of CPU cycles).

I’d still be happy to help test Rapid SCADA’s SSL support on Linux, if you want me to try some new web.config files.

in reply to: HTTPS on Linux #3933
    hbwhite
    Participant

I already tried commenting out the plain HTTP parts. It threw an exception related to the XML when trying to load the Scheme.

You can see the error message I mentioned if you open the URLs that caused internal server errors manually.

I will keep trying different things and let you know if I get something to work. Thanks!

in reply to: HTTPS on Linux #3916
    hbwhite
    Participant

Update:

The scheme and table will load over plain HTTP when using the default web.config files.

When I uncomment the HTTPS part of the web.config files, they won’t load on either HTTP or HTTPS (the same thing happens when I use the web.config files you provided).

in reply to: HTTPS on Linux #3914
    hbwhite
    Participant

My Mono version is 5.12.0.226. You can see the problem here (I’m using the default credentials while testing):

https://50.83.168.205/scada

If this is offline when you visit it, I’m probably busy testing it with different web.config files.

It won’t be able to load the scheme or the table over HTTPS, but if you change it to plain HTTP, they will load fine. You can see the error above if you go to Google Chrome, right-click and select Inspect > Console while browsing the HTTPS version.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 9 months ago by hbwhite.
    in reply to: HTTPS on Linux #3903
    hbwhite
    Participant

Unfortunately, neither of these solutions seem to have worked. I’m still getting the same error even with the new config files and the ScadaWeb/plugins/Scheme folder deleted.

The web page will load, but the Scheme and the Table will not. If I look through the Javascript console in Google Chrome, I see the same error message above.

Here’s something interesting. When I access the site over HTTP, the error says “Could not find base address that matches Scheme https for endpoint WebHttpBinding,” but when I access the site over HTTPS, the error says “Could not find base address that matches Scheme http for endpoint WebHttpBinding.” (Perhaps this is just because I deleted the ScadaWeb/plugins/Scheme folder, so now it can’t load either one.)

I’m not very familiar with the Microsoft frameworks that Rapid SCADA runs on, otherwise I would probably know where to look. Does this error come from the .NET subsystem, and can it be fixed by modifying the web.config file?

I really appreciate the effort you put into helping the community (are you the only one maintaining this project?) I’d be happy to contribute code back to the project to fix this issue (if something needs to be fixed); I just don’t know where the error originates.

Thanks!

• This reply was modified 5 years, 9 months ago by hbwhite.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)