bencyau

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: Extra Scheme Components Plugin #4748
    bencyau
    Participant

No longer a problem.
    I tried this again on a different PC, and both controls worked without any issue.
    Thanks.

in reply to: DBExport stuck after working OK for a few minutes #4721
    bencyau
    Participant

Hello Mikhail,

Many posts available on google search, here is one that sums it up best:

https://forums.mysql.com/read.php?10,288225,288225#msg-288225
    Note, that events are supported from MySQL 5.1.6.

I plan to try it out today.

in reply to: DBExport stuck after working OK for a few minutes #4712
    bencyau
    Participant

https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/8.0/en/fractional-seconds.html

OK. I went back and applied Mikhail’s answer, which is OK as workaround for MySQL8.

The correct method is to follow the above link is MySQL8 doc on assigning fractional part to the time values. When I used the DATETIME(6) type the DBExport worked fine with 6 fractional values for the SECOND. Problem fixed.

Of course, if you still encounter the duplicate Primary Key issue, apply Mikhail’s fix.

in reply to: DBExport stuck after working OK for a few minutes #4711
    bencyau
    Participant

Hello,
    Before seeing Mikail’s suggestion, I got tired after trying MySQL8 on three different PC’s and got the same issue. So, I moved on to use PostgreSQL10.6, and which worked out perfectly without any complaints. Luckily these two are very similar in structure and Admin tools.
    Now the only problem is finding a good way to remove old data in Postgres since it does not yet have the MySQL events functionality.

Thanks.

in reply to: channel average in Chart (CharPro) #4697
    bencyau
    Participant

Correction:
    My mistake on issue #2. The original input value averaging is working. My own logic somehow messed values up and I still have not found what caused it.
    Thanks.

in reply to: Generate Event using formula #4695
    bencyau
    Participant

Thanks for both replies above.

My stop-gap method is to set a calc real channel with limit high = 0.001, which will force all values higher than limit to generate event with the high value noted in the event table. Of coure the return to normal value of ‘0’ will not be accurate as it is just used as flag to force a return when value is lower than limit.
    This approach will let the user see the high value event with all the associated data.

in reply to: ScadaAdmin not showing #4598
    bencyau
    Participant

Thanks for your help. Tried re-installing MSSQL Compact, with no difference.
    Below captured the Windows event log (3 events in 4 pages):

https://imgur.com/a/N4UBqXX

in reply to: SMS GSM Cinterion Modem #4596
    bencyau
    Participant

Great! SMS sent via the command tab. Thank you.
    Later will test the automatic control send.

in reply to: SMS GSM Cinterion Modem #4590
    bencyau
    Participant

Thank you for above reply.
    I posted my ScadaAdmin issue in another topic, but here want to continue testing the SMS feature.
    I got a 232 modem, and connected it to COM4. Modified the ScadaComm / GSM / serial port to match. Turned it to Active.
    The Communication Line State: running, COM4(open). Active Devices: normal.

Line 3″GSM” / Request Sequence / Cinterion / call number set to my mobile phone.
    From here on, how do I manually send a test string SMS? Actually, how do I use the “address book” entries?
    If it is similar to OPC, then I should do Device 31 / Commands.

Thank you.

in reply to: ScadaAdmin not showing #4589
    bencyau
    Participant

I forgot to mention: as I am testing SMS for Scada, I installed serial / USB driver (modem is 232, and my desktop has no serial port), and also the COM monitoring software on this desktop yesterday before this behavior appeared.

in reply to: Usage of the popup #4448
    bencyau
    Participant

Hello,
    I went back and tried it once more and this time the popup worked.
    What I did was to switch the settings on my Firefox browser Add-Ons: NoScript, Adblock, and uBlockOrigin, to disable. Then the popup came up.
    Thanks,
    Ben

in reply to: Usage of the popup #4447
    bencyau
    Participant

Hello,
    I did Ctrl+F5 and it made no difference. Then I changed from Popup to NewTab selection, and they behaved exactly the same, i.e. opened the target scheme in new tab. Well, I was expecting a modal popup dialog with my new scheme. Have not tried it with URL specification.
    Thanks,
    Ben

in reply to: Elastic Report Flexibility #3898
    bencyau
    Participant

Same questions here on Elastic Report. Would like to be able to draw data from minutes and hourly data archive to report on hourly computations, and also for work shifts such as OEE reports (uses at least 3 channels of data).

The ElasticReportExample uses hourly data from 12pm, not sure how to extend that into one or multiple shifts. Also the use of formula in Excel format does not show how to reference values from related channels at the same timeslot.

Thanks.

in reply to: OPC Write value issue – Matrikon Simulation #3861
    bencyau
    Participant

OK. My mistake found after finding the message below in the line log file:

2018-06-18 09:25:58 Command execution is disabled by the communication line parameters

Turns out I missed checking the “Commands Enabled” box in the Communication Line Parameter tab.

Problem solved, now I can write to the OPC server tags.

Thank you.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)