Podolski

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: channels support array type #6061
    Podolski
    Participant

It scans during self-spin and return data in a private protocol.
    Data include rotate angles and distances for every spin. Usually it is capable of scanning for 360 degrees. So there are at least 360 distances.

in reply to: channels support array type #6055
    Podolski
    Participant

I am using a lidar device which generates over 300 channels. And it can be reconfigured to generate more channels. Since the data count is variable, reconfiguring input channels is often required.

If a channel supports array, the problem can be easily solved.

in reply to: performance optimization #5604
    Podolski
    Participant

I encountered the issue when I use a quite rapid device which refreshs at about 50Hz. It is hard to poll newest data from server. There are multiple data entries with the same content.

in reply to: Driver gallery #3750
    Podolski
    Participant

Gallery is a place which is capable of indexing the drivers/modules. Documentions can also be found there.

new repo is great. I’ll push some drivers in the future.

in reply to: Observer pattern #3194
    Podolski
    Participant

I am trying to build a WPF based UI for a system. MVVM is my preferred option. It is not so elegant to leverage the tech by polling infos constantly in my opinion.

in reply to: Observer pattern #3164
    Podolski
    Participant

Do you mean I should implement it on my own server module? Or particularly in driver?

in reply to: Observer pattern #3159
    Podolski
    Participant

Hi,
    I don’t know SNMP traps. I read some articles about the tech, and I think the idea is the same.

Observer pattern is also name publish-subscribe pattern. Subscribers can register themselves to the publisher. When publisher gets an update/modification, it will notify all the subscribers to update the status.

Sounds like delegate in C#.

in reply to: Roadmap #3125
    Podolski
    Participant

Hi,
    I have some advices about the project development.

1. it is good to publish the component development schedule (which component will be supported) in the github.

2. Starting issues for future enhancement (features which will not affect your current development) labeled ‘need help’ would be attractive to other developers.

3. Keep discussions in this forum for users and development ideas and hold mission tracking in github.

All the above methods could help more developers involved in the awesome project, in my opinion.

in reply to: Roadmap #3124
    Podolski
    Participant

Hi,
    I am working on drivers for a Lidar system and some specific modules. I do have a plan to make them open source when they are ready. Frankly I did not finish reading the code thoroughly yet, so it will take some time to understand the architecture and make driver/module better.

For mobile developing, I have a friend who is an expert on Xamarin development. I will turn to him for help. But I cannot guarantee anything now.

I am planning to build a GUI tool to utilize config files recently. Perhaps it will help when settings are stored in the files. Constructor is a good idea, but I don’t think I can handle the configuration rules and related calculations now.

As far as I know, people are very interested in SCADA systems. There are few scheme components in Rapidscada now which makes the system less convenient to use. I am looking forward to new components.

in reply to: Roadmap #3113
    Podolski
    Participant

Hi,
    Thanks for reply.
    Scheme components are of great importance. I’d like to contribute. However, I am not familiar with web stack. Perhaps I could start by doing something for database porting on my fork of rapidscada. Can you tell something more detailed about the configuration database?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)