yotool

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
  • in reply to: Chart Pro Data Timestamp Metadata #13457
    yotool
    Participant

Thank you Mikhail.

I downloaded ChartPro v.6.0.2.1, re-installed it and everything is now working.

Now the timestamp metadata is showing “Generated” to the left of the update timestamp as designed.

The timestamp also correctly shows my local time-zone.

It was a minor issue, but thanks for your attention to fixing it.

in reply to: Chart Pro Data Timestamp Metadata #13451
    yotool
    Participant

Hello Mikhail,

I tried re-downloading Rapid Scada “Chart Pro” again, but the contents of the zip fil e are exactly the same as the 6.0.2.0 that I already have installed.

All of the file checksums (CRC) show as the same as the previous “Chart Pro” zip file content.

I downloaded “Chart Pro” from this link.

Chart Pro Download

• This reply was modified 7 months ago by yotool.
    in reply to: Multiple Levels of View Folders #13419
    yotool
    Participant

Yes, exactly.

I would like to have multiple (nested) folders each containing *.xml (Dashboard) content.

As in:

Environmental Monitoring
    Location-A
    (Location-A.xml)
    Location-B
    (Location-B.xml)

in reply to: Webstation v.6.1.x #13418
    yotool
    Participant

Acknowledged and thank you for the replies.

in reply to: HeideSQL Access to Default PostgreSQL Archive Database #13403
    yotool
    Participant

update:

I believe I now see how minute/hour/daily archives can be redirected to PostGreSQL.

I have PostGreSQL installed on the local Rapid Scada Windows 10 host.

I have HeideSQL also properly communicating with the default PostGreSQL service running on the standard TCP/IP port for PostGreSQL.

If optionally configured to use the PostGreSQL database engine, I can use this technique to read/write Server module “Archive” data, and take full advantage of all of the PostGreSQL features, but I’m just asking if the proprietary *.dat files can be “edited” as in the past.

Thanks for the help.

in reply to: Migrating V5.84 projects to V6 #13401
    yotool
    Participant

ROG RAM Disk is apparently no longer available for download from the ROG website.

It should be in the motherboard utilities section of their site, but it seems nowhere to be found.

I’m using the DataRAM RamDISK software and it works well.

Question for Mikhail:

Why isn’t “ScadaInstanceConfig.xml” file shown as a “child” object in the “Administrator” application’s GUI (so as to quickly locate and edit like the xml ‘configuration’ files for other components)?

in reply to: HeideSQL Access to Default PostgreSQL Archive Database #13399
    yotool
    Participant

Ok…

I now see that you ar still, by default using your proprietary *.dat archive file format.

** As I asked in a different thread, how can I “edit” the “minute” and “hourly” data entries in Rapid Scada v.6.1 as in the previous 5.X “Server” application”?

That feature was useful for fixing known-bad historical data entries.

Thanks.

in reply to: Dashboard Plug Issue Using xml File #13396
    yotool
    Participant

Sucess !!! :

https://photos.app.goo.gl/wmJCKndFs9tXGJmY7 Working Dashboard and Chart Pro Plugin v.6.1

Mikhail,

Your .NET code is quite impressive…

-Chet

• This reply was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by yotool.
    • This reply was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by Mikhail.
    in reply to: Dashboard Plug Issue Using xml File #13395
    yotool
    Participant

mankey73:

For DB18B20 (Dallas semiconductor/TI one-wire serial protocol) monitoring, I have ESP-32 microcontrollers running custom C code. The Arduino libraries have support for the TI one-wire protocol as well as built-in 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. It has a dual-core 240 MHz RISC processor. All for about $6 US.

…Incredible functionality and extremely low-power (especially when not using Wi-Fi).

There is also a TCP “Modbus Slave” library in Arduino that I use.

The Rapid Scada Modbus communication line(s) then poll the ESP-32(s) by IP address/hostname/register-sets.

It works extremely well and is very cheap.

I can send you my working ESP-32 Arduino source-code if you’d like.

…as you may have noticed, I am also monitoring the much more accurate/precise SHT3 temp/humidity device also using the ESP-32. This uses the I2C serial protocol. One drawback of the SHT3 is that it only supports a single I2C address.

However, I worked around that using a small I2C multiplexer also controlled by the ESP-32. This allows for (4) SHT3 sensors to be used. I2C This multiplexing setup could be even further expanded.

Thanks for your replies on my other topics mankey73. They were helpful.

in reply to: Dashboard Plug Issue Using xml File #13393
    yotool
    Participant

OMG.

I stared at that same “Views” table countless times w/o noticing the “View Type” column.

That was it.

Both the “Dashboard” and “Chart Pro” modules are working perfectly now in v.6.1.5!

Thanks a million as always Mikhail.

• This reply was modified 7 months, 1 week ago by yotool.
    in reply to: Dashboard Plug Issue Using xml File #13377
    yotool
    Participant
    in reply to: Installing Licensed Plugins in v.6.1 Beta #13361
    yotool
    Participant

Many thanks Mikhail.

…making good progress in instantiating v.6.1 beta as an upgrade from an existing Rapid SCADA v.5.8 installation..

Using the new v.6.1 documentation you kindly provided, I was able to successfully install both the “Dashboard” and “Chart Pro” plugins.

…was also able to successfuly install the 30-day trial registration codes for both the plugins within the “Administrator” application.

Copied the “Dashboard1.xml” “View” that is included with the “Dashboard” plugin (which references the Chart Pro object). The “Dashboard1.xml” file content references existing/working “Channels” from the “Simulator” device.

“Uploaded” the modified project…

All services were then “Restarted” successfuly.

However, when I attempt to open the included/default “Dashboard” “View” in the browser, the mouse pointer displays a red circle with a diagonal-dash through it.

The “Dashboard” (.xml) view is View #7.

If I change the browser URL directly to http://scadaservername:10008/View/7, the browser responds with “Unable to resolve View Specification”.

Almost there using v.6.1

** What am I missing now???

• This reply was modified 7 months, 2 weeks ago by yotool.
    in reply to: Installing Licensed Plugins in v.6.1 Beta #13347
    yotool
    Participant

I found this:
    https://forum.rapidscada.org/?topic=plugin-install-no-activation-in-web

It seemed to work for the “Dashboard” plugin, but when attempting to add the “Chart Pro” plugin using the very same technique in v.6.1, I never see the ChartPro plugin in the Administrator/Project/Instances/Default/Webstation/Plugins list.

in reply to: New release Rapid SCADA 6.1.x #13338
    yotool
    Participant

…when preserving the directory hierarchy during unzipping, the v.6.1.2 compatible dlls are not being placed into the C:\Program Files\SCADA\ScadaServer\Mod directory.

The zip file content is only pointing to the …/ScadAdmin, …/ScadWeb, and … Views directories.

in reply to: New release Rapid SCADA 6.1.x #13337
    yotool
    Participant

Sorry for all of my recent questions on Rapid SCADA beta 6.1

The current documentation for installing plugins (in my case Dashboard and Chart Pro) is not up to date for v.6.1.

I tried the recommended procedure for installing optional plugins referenced at:

https://rapidscada.net/docs/en/5.8/installation-and-run/module-installation#plugins

but it appears that this document is no longer accurate for v.6.1.

In version 6.1, how do I install these license-required modules?

If I use the existing procedure (even changing the referenced “C:\SCADA” to “C:\Program Files\SCADA”), when I open the “Administrator” application in v.6.1 and go to Instances/Default/Server/Modules, I do not see any new “Unused” modules which were unzippped with their directory hierarchy preserved from the “unzip” process).

Thanks for the assistance.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)