Web Application on Windows Server 2012 R2

Forum Home Forums Installation Issues SCADA-Web Installation Web Application on Windows Server 2012 R2

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    DragonFire
    Participant

Before anything else, I would like to say thank you for creating this awesome piece of software. It does what I need it to do, minus a small issue, but, again, thanks for creating RapidSCADA.

Now, for my issue, I am having a difficult time getting the web application to work on a Windows Server 2012 R2 machine. I’ve read all the documentation and watched all the videos as well on the topic but as most know, Windows Server is slightly different than its Desktop counterparts. The issue seems to be getting all the IIS parts right. Since Server 2012 R2 is neither Windows 7 or Windows 10, how do I go about installing the right .NET version and IIS components? I get this any time I try to connect to the web server (this is just a generic image of my issue):

Fix Connection

Should I go the route of following the Windows 7 IIS setup instructions since Windows Server 2012 R2 doesn’t have access to ASP.NET 4.6? Thank you for your time.

• This topic was modified 7 years, 1 month ago by DragonFire.
    Mikhail

Hello,
    Thank you for the kind words.

You right, Windows Server requires different sequence of installing IIS. Could you provide screenshots to show the settings you have already done? What components did you choose?
    Something like
    postimage

DragonFire
    Participant

Here are a few screenshots that cover my config in Server Manager and in IIS Manager:

Int_AMRS-SRV-2017-03-15-16-56-18<br/><br/>
    Int_AMRS-SRV-2017-03-15-20-36-21<br/><br/>
    Int_AMRS-SRV-2017-03-15-20-37-46<br/><br/>
    Int_AMRS-SRV-2017-03-15-20-39-00<br/><br/>
    <br />forum image hosting<br /><br />

Hope these help. Thanks for the fast response!

• This reply was modified 7 years, 1 month ago by DragonFire.
    Mikhail

Thank you.
    Also you have to switch on ASP.NET 4.5 and HTTP Activation for WCF 4.5
    What do you see by the link http://localhost ?

• This reply was modified 7 years, 1 month ago by Mikhail.
    DragonFire
    Participant

Wow, I feel very stupid right now. I forgot that Windows Server locks down Internet Explorer. I installed Vivaldi and it works like a champ! Thanks for your assistance even though it was an issue I should have realized sooner hahaha.

postimage

aluy069
    Participant

I say thanks you guys because you did a great piece of software.

I have 3 questions:

1-. How to install everything (Server, communicator, webstation, administrator, table editor and scheme editor) in a Windows Server 2012 R2.

2-. I have SQL 2018 installed. Can I use it instead of Microsoft SQL Server Compact 3.5.?

3-. If Yes Question number 2, how to do it? By the way is running is a different server than the one running the Rapid Scada

Regards

Mikhail

1. Before running Rapid SCADA setup, you should switch on the features of Windows Server 2012 R2. If you provide link to their screenshot, I’ll write what features to select.

2. Microsoft SQL Server Compact 3.5 is used for configuration only, not for data archive. You can’t change it to SQL 2018. In the future we will get rid of SQL Server Compact.

aluy069
    Participant

Thanks i follow the win 7 setting and it worked 🙂

2-. could you please guide me how to do the data archive in SQL2018. My scenario is i have two server: Server A is the web server, it hold the configuration and is web server. Server B is the SQL 2018.

regards

Mikhail

You should create a new topic about export data to MS SQL. Read this before.

mitesh
    Participant

Hi Mikhail,

In Web Application i clicked Collapse menu option. so now i am not able to see Main menu, views,server equipment and demo options. could you please help me to recover that options.

Regards,
    Mitesh

Mikhail

Hi,

Look for the Menu button in the top left corner of the web page. If there is no such button, provide a screenshot.

mitesh
    Participant

Hi Mikhail,

I got it and Thank you for your support.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.